Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ann Coulter... Do US a Favor and Shut-UP!!

If you have nee following the World Cup in America then you might of heard the news today that Ann Coulter, a conservative pundit has been speaking out about the popularity of the World Cup in America. She is quoted of saying " Any growing of soccer can only be a sign of the nations moral decay".... I really wish she wouldn't of gone there. I mean REALLYYY!? I actually might think this will make the sport more popular, but come on. She goes onto saying soccer is a non-athletic sport and is an un-American sport. She has made all of these comments speaking out about the World Cup. The sport is growing and that can only be a sign of really nothing, just that many Americans enjoy watching soccer. The fact that she tries to attack a sport is just crazy.

The day after the USMNT probably has its best loss ever to go through to the knockout stages and this stuff comes out is ridiculous. I would say you could make a good argument it is un-American to not support your nation in any international arena whether it be soccer or a summit of world leaders. Every 4 years the Major League Soccer is judged by how well the US do in the World Cup and this year you can tell that it is a league and sport is growing. Kyle Beckerman and Matt Besler have proved that you can play in the MLS and compete with Cristiano Ronaldo, Germany and Ghana. This woman is allowed to have her opinion and I am allowed to have my take on it, but, I believe this couldn't of come at a better time. I believe this just proves that soccer is becoming more popular at the domestic level and international level. Well done Ann Coulter. I hope the USMNT dedicates their tremendous win over Belgium Tuesday to you.

Thats my Take Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment