Monday, June 30, 2014

Not Just Yet China. . .

Not just yet China, it is not your time to take your spot amidst the Core yet. America has been the only superpower now for 24 years and honestly, what a good 24 years it has been. In the last elections, one of the adverts going around was Chinese students laughing at the fall of America and the spread of Chinese culture. Well, I can tell you that we are at least 40-50 years of a sole superpower and that superpower will probably be America still. No one else really wants the position at the top. I think for now China is only a regional power and thats all they want to me. They will make strides, but thats not tomorrow. China right now refuses to step in on North Korea, which to me tells a tale that they do not want to step into the International Elite. They do hold a spot at the security council, but that does them nothing.

I think one thing that holds China back is their culture. Like in one of my earlier posts, I respect all cultures and I am a fan of the Chinese culture. But, I am probably 1 in a 1,000. It just isn't a culture that is understood in all parts of the world except in Asia. They eat different foods that just aren't appealing, they have culture normalizes that just aren't attractive. I love it, again, nothing against the Chinese, I like the way they do somethings. But, the world loves American culture. I see it everywhere. In Taiwan, everyone was so intrigued with Americans. Its the Hollywood, the food, they culture, everyone loves the idea of an American Dream. Language also plays a large role, Chinese is probably the most difficult language to learn. Compared to English, it is the formal language of the world and fairly easier to learn.

Those are small things though. One quality that drives powers of the world is a strong middle class. China has a growing middle class, but it is still small. The GDP per capita in America is almost 50,000$, in China it is 12,000$. That is one indicator that China is not ready to step up and it will be awhile. Also, last time I checked, America has the largest economy in the world still. Yes, we are growing at an average rate of 2%, but China growth is declining due to reform in banking and corruption. America is still the only world power to step up in world affairs, that is a healthy sign that America is still at the top and the Global peace officer. I am ok with that, because the longer we can prolong another superpower, the more peace my generation will get. So relax Americans, and not so fast China.

Thats my Take on America.

No comments:

Post a Comment